Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tutti Fruit-y Smoothie

This was an idea I had to add a bit more breastmilk to Vienna's diet now that I only feed her when she wakes up first thing. If you don't fancy drinking my milk (although why you wouldn't is beyond me as it's delicious AND nutritious!) you could substitute it for natural yoghurt.

Ingredients:

  • 1 banana
  • 3 strawberries
  • 1 large orange
  • 1 plum
  • 180ml/6oz breastmilk
Blend the fruit until smooth, then stir in the breastmilk. If you're making this then I'm assuming that you know what to do with your own milk, but it'd be a bit remiss to not add the massive warning about blending your milk so here it is: Massive Warning. Don't blend breastmilk. It (definitely) kills the cells, breaks down the proteins and (apparently) can churn it to butter.

Breastbutter sounds a bit weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment