Tuesday 3 April 2012

Mums of the World- Eat Cake!

I've taken a break voluntarily this time. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow because I've got a lot of updates and I'm going to spread them out over this week so it looks like I've been busier than I actually have (not that that is humanly possible...). First I want to say something that after 4 years of insecurity and having something the size of a cat force its way out of my previously solid innards (think about it, it's true) I have finally come to realise.


Dear Mums of the World (Or Indeed Any Other Person Who Needs It),

I'm not trying to sound like a cliche, and I know that no matter how much I tell you this, you need to realise it yourself.

There are people poorer than you.
Uglier than you.
Fatter than you.
With saggier boobs than you. And more cellulite.

They have worse jobs than you.
They have crappier houses than you.
And their cars always make irritating noises that cost far more than yours to fix.

But they still have husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, children and parents that love them, and something to look forward to at the end of the day. Why?

Because they are lovely, wonderful people. So are you. And don't you dare ever forget it. If you want that extra piece of cake have it. If you want to lose 4 stone and become a lingerie model do it. It's your life. And that's ok- you will be ok.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to sit in my scruffs and eat my curry even though it is past my bedtime.
Care to join?

All my love,
Katherine.

No comments:

Post a Comment