Wednesday 4 April 2012

Spiced Fruit Wedges

This recipe makes me wish I'd started my blog at Christmas! I've been saying for a while now I might branch into desserts and this is a really nice, quick recipe that would be really good with custard (not that I would advocate giving a baby normal custard!) and tastes really festive.



Ingredients
  • 1 apple, sliced
  • 1 spoon unsalted butter (about 50g)
  • 1 handful sultanas/raisins (about 75g)
  • 1tsp nutmeg
  • 2 tsps vanilla essence
Method
  1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the vanilla and nutmeg until it starts to smell lovely.
  2. Add the dried fruit, stir, then add the apple.
  3. Keep stirring until the apple is nice and soft. You don't have to stir constantly, but don't let it stick to the bottom of the pan.
I really like giving this to Vienna as a treat because she loves raisins/sultanas and it makes the apples nice and soft for her to chew through.

No comments:

Post a Comment